|Even simple quests require some thought.|
So, in no particular order here we go...
- When you have played through the tutorial you will have your first weapon. Make sure you pick up a second weapon (of a different type) as soon as possible, as it will open up more finishing moves and make your character much more powerful in combat.
- Spend some time learning about weapon synergies to get the most out of your equipped weapons. There is a great guide by Seki here.
- Create an extra hotbar for consumables and pets. Open up your inventory, then click the "+" sign to make a new bag. Reshape and resize the bag as you like by dragging one of the corners, rename it, then click the padlock icon. This effectively turns it into an extra hotbar!
- There are absolutely loads of amazing emotes in The Secret World. All of them have great animations (/jazzhands and /moonwalk are a couple of my favourites). To see the full list in game type "/emote" then press TAB twice. Alternatively click on the button below to view the whole list.
- When having a conversation with an NPC you can continue to click on discussion items to delve further. When you have exhausted all the conversation for an entry it will have a green tick next to it.
- If you see a grey coloured building on your map chances are you can go inside.
- Don't sell or destroy any weapons or equipment you loot. If you aren't going to use it try to disassemble it in the crafting window to obtain crafting materials. You can keep yourself equipped with good quality weapons by crafting your own as you progress.
- Don't forget to sprint after finishing a combat or conversation. The default key is "X".
- The tilde key "¬" will holster your weapons.