• Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity
  • Far Beyond My Capacity

Friday, October 19, 2012

TSW Halloween Events and the Divining Rod

Leave a Comment
Like many MMOs The Secret World  is celebrating Halloween with a series of events and new content, and the community has also risen to the challenge with quite a few fun community events also being organised.

The official blog post details the new content, as well as revealing the new Halloween video embedded below. There are three new Investigation missions that tell the tale of a new, dark power; the Cat God (I've done the first one already and it is absolutely superb - creepy and with a brilliant story). There are also a load of new costumes, candies, pets and rewards.

Additionally there is a dimension wide competition between the three factions over the duration of the celebrations. The winning faction will receive rewards for all its members as well as a permanent and unique addition to it's faction headquarters.


As well as the official Halloween content the community on Arcadia (my dimension) has really stepped up with some fun community events. I'm going to try and get to as may of them as I can! These include the following.
That's a lot of community events!

Whilst we are on the Halloween theme I just wanted to mention a quest I did this week, Virgula Divina. It really stood out as one of the creepiest quests I have ever played in an MMO. Not only was the subject matter really dark, the quest design was unlike anything I've played before, and the atmosphere was perfect. It really freaked me out! If you get to play this quest make sure you do so with the lights on! Big props to the developer who came up with this quest, one of the most memorable I've ever done.

Virgula Divina: Amity House is a nursery school for girls with special powers... what could possibly go wrong?
A is for aeroplane, B is for bear, C is for car, D is for... WTF?
Warning: Secret experiments on young girls can have consequences...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...